RSS

Fringes – which I prefer to call them (have you heard ‘bangs’ said with an English accent? Bad) can change your hairstyle drastically even if you have basic long hair. They can give dramatic effects to your overall look, from framing your eyes/face, hiding wrinkles, shortening a long face, adding more funkiness and interest. They can say alot about a person, ranging from "’look at me, I’m sexy, to hey, I’m fun, or even I’m very conservative and so on and so on, you get the drift!

Hey but what should you ask for? Without the obvious reasons to consider, like complimenting face shapes and working with hair textures and swirls and twirls, you should be asking yourself…. what image do I want to portray? Is it fun, sexy, convenience and out of the eyes, funky and young….

Alot of people find it difficult to take the plunge to cut the fringe off and of course this is a very reasonable excuse as it does take years to grow back, if you feel very doubtful, maybe its a good idea to try one of those clip on fringes to see if you like it? Not exactly true to your hair texture but does give you an idea of the look on your face shape.

Here I want to introduce my version/names of afew samples of fringes so you can get to know the differences between them.

Blunt heavy: need to careful how wide/narrow to take a blunt fringe as it can open or close the face too much.

Classic: can be left heavy or soft, but length is most classic.

Soft wispy: variation of classic but with more softness. Just remember if the fringe is a tad too short and tad too wispy, the look goes more into a young girl of 12 look, so be careful how short you ask for.

Long sideswept: a good start to trying out fringes if your abit nervous but know it can fall into the face alot and can be aggravating because of this.

Short choppy: can vary alot in lengths but are more chunky rather than soft round the edges, abit more funkier looking than the soft fringes above.

Monster fringes: I call them monster fringes becos they are taken very short, giving a stronger, funkier look.

Here’s ones to avoid - Mall fringes: I used to call them Taiwanese fringes because alot of girls wore their hair like this in Taiwan. The length on the right is what I was talking about when it is a tad too short and a tad too wispy – 11 year old!

Technorati Tags: ,,

7 comments:

Joni Shibata Phillips said...

this is awesome.

JuJu Chan said...

Thank You : )

Joni Shibata Phillips said...

btw the mall bangs pics makes me cringe.

JuJu Chan said...

Why? Is it because you had them?

Joni Shibata Phillips said...

unfortunately...yes.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I really love the look of a strong fringe. Is there a face shape that you wouldn't reccomend having it? I have a little bit of a diamond face.

JuJu Chan said...

The only face shape I wouldnt really recommend for a strong fringe is a short round face, the heavy fringe will cut the face in half and make it appear rounder. Not too sure about the diamond face shape tho, does that mean your wider in the middle (cheeks) and thinner at the top and bottom? I am about to post a write up on fringes soon. Check it out.

Post a Comment